Demand Planner (Stock Controller)
October 26, 2018
Nisa Retail Ltd, Partner Support Centre
Nisa Retail Ltd, Partner Support Centre, Waldo Way, Normanby Enterprise Park, Scunthorpe, North Lincs. DN15 9GE
To effectively manage stock and supply of products from a portfolio of suppliers.
Supply Chain Manager
Key Result Areas
- To ensure service level to members does not fall below that which the company deems to be the requirement.
- To achieve stockholding in line with company budgets.
- To manage stock demands in line with business requirements.
- To achieve and maintain professional standards across all aspects of the role in respect of work undertaken and to deal with colleagues at all levels of the business in a manner appropriate to their needs.
- Knowledge of general desktop IT solutions with a detailed knowledge of the Retek system & Slim 4 forecasting system. All software training will be given and maintained as part of the role.
Specific Areas of Work
- Analyse daily stock report for failures and shortages, taking appropriate action as required.
- Manage daily sales data within Slim 4 to produce forecasts for creation of Supplier PO’s.
- Create electronic purchase order requisitions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Liaise effectively within the Trading team, ensuring that lines of communication with both Category Controllers and their assistants are maintained.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with own portfolio of suppliers, communicating regularly and accurately, to ensure the requirements of the company and receiving warehouses are met.
- Review large order report and action appropriately.
- Develop and manage ongoing supplier efficiency projects, as directed.
- Produce promotional schedules for consumer leaflet products on a phased and timely basis.
- Plan and manage one-off Presells and Special Orders to meet specific requirements.
- Manage adhoc orders with specific trading systems/agreements outside of the regular replenishment system, ensuring orders are satisfied on time and in full.
- Provide relevant support to the department as required in the management of key business issues as required from time to time.
- Achieve and maintain professional standards across all aspects of the role in respect of work undertaken, and deal with staff at all levels of the business in a manner appropriate to their needs.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Customer focussed, confident and innovative.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and effective way, both verbally and in writing and using data.
- Ability to demonstrate different communication strategies to suit particular circumstances and at all levels of the business.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy.
- Effective analysis and decision-making skills.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organisational skills.
- Previous experience using a forecasting/demand planning application would be an advantage.
This Job Description describes key areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.