Information Governance Manager
June 04, 2020
£40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits including flexible working
Nisa Retail Limited, Waldo Way, Normanby Enterprise Park, Scunthorpe, North Lincolnshire, DN15 9GE
Since Nisa was acquired by Co-op, we’ve focused on combining the best of both organisations to offer something new to independent retailers and commercial wholesalers across the UK. More scale and better product ranges give Nisa partners a real competitive advantage.
Now we’re looking for an enthusiastic information governance manager to join us and define Nisa’s data protection strategy. With regularly changing legislation and continuous advancements in technology, it’s more important than ever that organisations are using data safely and responsibly.
In this role it’ll be up to you to establish, build and manage the day to day activities surrounding information governance, making sure the business is fully compliant with regulations and industry good practice. It’s a big job, but if you have the technical knowledge and great communication skills that we’re after, then we can offer you the opportunity to gain fantastic exposure while helping to protect our business.
What you’ll do
- implement a culture of data protection across the business, acting as Nisa’s subject matter expert on all privacy and data protection regulation matters
- work collaboratively with a variety of teams to make sure that processes, systems and procedures are effective in meeting current and future data protection legislation
- maintain data protection and governance policies and supporting control documents
- support in the development of Nisa’s ongoing internal training programme, making sure that employees fully understand their duties under data protection law
- develop a risk-based programme of ongoing data compliance, approved by the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and internal governance committees
- manage the Subject Access Request (SAR) process, ensuring that SARs are legally compliant
- proactively provide insightful reporting to the DPO and the Nisa Board to aid key decision-making
- co-ordinate any external investigations from the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) or governing authority on behalf of the DPO
This role would suit people who have
- previous experience within data protection compliance, with a good understanding of GDPR (General Data Protection Regulations) and PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations) legislation
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence thinking and challenge when necessary to get the right results
- great relationship-building skills; you’re able to confidently engage with both internal and external partners
- a creative approach to problem-solving and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- lots of self-motivation, self-discipline and enthusiasm
- strong commercial acumen (experience in the retail sector would be beneficial but this isn't essential)
- the ability to inspire trust, encourage others, and promote collaboration
- The Co-op resourcing team supports Nisa recruitment as part of our ongoing partnership. Please note that although this role is being recruited by Co-op, the successful candidate will be employed by NISA.
Nisa is committed to providing a supportive working environment, and making sure you have access to great benefits, rewards and career prospects including:
- competitive salary and holidays
- health cash plan scheme
- discount on Nisa products
- company pension
- Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.