October 26, 2018
Nisa Retail Ltd, Partner Support Centre
Nisa Retail Ltd, Partner Support Centre, Waldo Way, Normanby Enterprise Park, Scunthorpe, North Lincs. DN15 9GE
To provide support to the Operations team in helping drive performance within the Nisa supply chain. The role will be commercially & operationally focussed working alongside the Operations team to gain the required level of understanding on the day to day challenges as well providing clear financial reporting & KPI analysis.
The role will play a key role in developing and delivering innovative reporting solutions that move the business forward, and underpin a streamlined, efficient operation, providing key support in a dynamic and complex environment.
Head of Logistics, with a “dotted line” to the Distribution Finance Manager.
Key Result Areas
- The preparing of reports and management accounts accurately and within agreed deadlines.
- Production of weekly & monthly logistics management information packs.
- “Hands on” support for the Operations team providing meaningful insight, financial information, trends and advice including the areas of budgets, forecasts, long term plans and ultimately the tendering for the supply contract.
- Network integration planning & benefits.
- Create a rolling forward volume model for use by the Operations team & 3rd Party Distribution supplier, taking inputs from all areas of the relevant internal business & stakeholders.
- Identify & communicate on trend analysis across the logistics business model, with strong variance analysis across periods & reconciliation to budget.
- Improve insight and develop a more robust cost to serve model, which will more accurately reflect individual member profitability and specific tasks within operations.
- Key in budget processes, including creation, validation, reforecast, overlays & monitoring of actual performance.
- Assisting in the business modelling of new initiatives/projects & the ongoing validating of proposed savings.
- Good knowledge and experience of distribution / supply chain business operations, able to bridge the gap between operations & commercial performance.
- Knowledge of retail & 3PL desirable.
- Experience at middle management level in Accounting.
- Excellent analytical skills (inc.Excel), able to work with large volumes of data, business modelling & dashboard development an advantage.
- Good overall IT skills and systems knowledge.
Specific Areas of Work
- Review systems controls for appropriateness.
- Prepare monthly and weekly distribution reports.
- Provide the Head of Logistics with a better understanding of our distribution costs and that all monies are appropriately spent, identifying key drivers of cost/good service levels and the balance between the two is optimal for the business strategy.
- Trend & variance analysis across periods.
- Monitor & report on DHL projects performance, Capex & Gainshare.
- Monitor & report on Network Integration benefits.
- Working when required with Auditors both Internal and External to ensure the appropriate level of Financial Accountability and Control is being applied.
Job Skills and Competencies
- Accountant by relevant qualification (ACCA/CIMA/QBE etc)
- Good technical, database and numeracy skills.
- Good interpersonal skills & ability to promote cost ownership at all levels, including working with operational colleagues.
- Proactive self-starter able to work under own initiative.
- Confident communicator who is happy to challenge the status quo.
- Effective problem solving & creative thinking, with a value-add outlook.
- Comfortable in dealing with a large and varied workload with an eye for detail
- Design & development of business reporting.
- Experience of business partnering operational stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate at all levels & demystify complex cost models.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment & meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
This Job Description describes key areas of the post but is not exhaustive. The Job Description is subject to review and amendment in line with the needs of the business.Apply